2011, Issue 2
Hot off the press, the latest edition of Wealth and tax matters, a periodic publication written by PwC's team of high net worth advisors, is now available. The easy-to-read publication has developed a loyal following of high net worth individuals, business owners, bankers and tax practitioners looking for ways to preserve wealth and minimize tax liabilities.
Features in this edition include:
- family matters, such as the basics of will planning and issues that arise during business succession
- new initiatives proposed by the Canada Revenue Agency with respect to high net worth individuals
- changes to the "kiddie tax" regime
- tax traps involving shareholders' agreements
- cross-border tax matters, such as owning a US rental property and considerations for individuals departing Canada