Ok, so maybe you didn’t get that dream job this fall recruitment cycle. We know we were faced with some really difficult decisions and some great people just missed out. At PwC, we want to help you. Right now, you have an opportunity to take charge of your future and make it what you want it to be. You can start doing a few things right now that will help you land your dream job next time.
Here’s how you can get started on your action plan for success:
- Reflect on your experience during the recruitment campaign – What didn’t work? What did work?
- Review your resume and cover letter. What actions can you take to make you a stronger candidate? Our Personal Brand Week materials can help you with some tips.
- Think about your interview experience. Did you come across as prepared and polished? Did you communicate a clear story about you and why you want the job? Did you provide concrete examples?
- Assess your networking skills. Did you proactively build relationships with recruiters, partners and people at the organization? Did you ask well-researched questions?
- Consider your personal brand. What is your story that makes you unique, exceptional and stands out from others? How can you maximize your strengths? - Don’t forget to look out for our 2014 Personal Brand campaign coming in February as well.
In today’s marketplace, you need to stand out in the crowd to really shine amongst the competition. Every year, PwC is faced with some tough choices about which amazing candidates are the best fit for various roles. And you can be one of the few that receives an offer – an opportunity of a lifetime that will benefit you for life.
What you do today, will greatly impact your prospects for an opportunity next time. Rise to the challenge, connect with the resources available to you at your school, attend campus events year-round and get started on bringing out the best of you with your personal recruitment action plan.