I've been asked many times, "Why Consulting? And Why PwC?" If you are an experienced person, graduating or someone in between careers unsure of what to do, here are some signs that you belong in Consulting at PwC.
1) You have a passion for people: Simply put, you love working and collaborating with people from a diverse set of competencies, cultures and professional backgrounds. It is what one of the things that make consulting at PwC a great place to work.
2) You appreciate a company that invests in the personal and professional development of their people: I am sure you've seen a theme of satisfaction and pride in the work that I do and the investment in terms of renumeration in my blog posts. *Can you put something in here about how PwC invests in your development?
3) Enthusiastic about driving change: If you have the keen sense for methodoligies and passion for teaching, coaching and team work and are tired of how long it takes to implement changes at work, then consulting is right for you. The best place to drive and lead change is in the front of the pack.
4) You're up for a challenge: At PwC, we take pride in developing a best-fit solution for the unique business opportunities of our clients. Some of these are straight forward, while some take creative ingenuity to manage. If you are up for a good challenge that will test your expertise and stretch your capabilities - consulting at PwC is definitely right for you!
5) You enjoy working with autonomy: Consulting at PwC allows you to take on meaningful projects that challenges and stretches you personally and professionally. The beauty of it is that you manage the way you take on the challenge using your best judgement based on a defined timeline and framework.
6) You enjoy varied and exciting work: I sometimes associate tackling my client's business opportunities to playing a video game. You have your mission, the timeline, resources and team-mates. In a video game, there really is no monotonous moments. It's all an adventure.
7) You like being part of a community: At PwC, you get to be part of various communities of practice. That could be through the consulting competency or industry you belong in or your project team. Imagine having able to tap into industry experts and directly learn from them? Now that is something you cannot learn from school.
8) Bridge theory into practice: If you do not have a lot of working experience, joining PwC as an Associate gives you access to top coaching, training and industry experts. These resources are only topped by meaningful projects that allow you to practice what you learn. As a matter of fact, everyone at PwC Consulting & Deals are excited to meet the Foundations for the Future Associates!
Do not miss your chance to apply and be part of this program! If you can relate to the 8 points above, you may want to seriously consider consulting for PwC (JOB POSTINGS GO LIVE SEPTEMBER 4TH).
If you have any questions, drop me a line!
Follow me at: @MikeTTweets